English | 18 Dec. 2013 | ISBN: 0321957415 | 208 Pages | PDF/EPUB/MOBI | 65.39 MB
With the ever-increasing should view websites on mobile models, websites must be adaptable to a whole lot of assorted show resolutions. In Responsive Design with WordPress, educated web developer Joe Casabona teaches you simple strategies to leverage WordPress to get most likely essentially the most out of responsive design, implement best practices, automate important processes, and make your life less complicated basic. You’ll start with a refresher on the core efficiency of WordPress, then dive into creating responsive themes and plugins. Uncover out what to ponder on the outset of the design course of to keep away from losing hours of labor all through redesigns. Examine up-to-date best practices for determining breakpoints, accessibility, and stopping website bloat for increased client experience whatever the client’s connection tempo. Lastly, you’ll apply the principles you examine to specific tutorials, paying homage to developing a photograph gallery, map net web page, and merchandise net web page.
* Examine when to rely on themes and when it’s best to utilize plugins.
* Apply your responsive CSS to a WordPress theme.
* Examine quite a few navigation methods, paying homage to Bounce to with
* clear scrolling or Select discipline.
* Use customary responsive methods, like picturefill.js, to make photos reply to completely totally different show resolutions and connection speeds.
* Uncover frameworks, along with Bootstrap and Foundation.
* Receive dozens of code samples to help implement responsive design methods, and try your self with end-of-chapter quizzes.